Friday, April 27, 2012

This was a revised version to the "unstable" project. After working at "green springs" nature park doing a summer art internship, I was greatly influence by some of the animal skulls used in the demonstrations. Going back to the project I wanted to "unstable" with unlimited possibilities, these images show from start to finish my process. I work primarily in ink and water colors. Using a deer skull as reference with influences from Okeefe I wanted to render the skull as accurately as possible, creating a 3d effect, where as the face in the skull should show subtly. The face within the mouth however is a internal reflection on myself and a take on society, that shows that were are all animals and we all have those instincts and urges. To forget where we come from is to forget who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment